Smile America Partners....The Nation’s Largest In-School Dental Program
For over 20 years, Smile America Partners has been changing children's lives one small-smile at a time. Come join our team in our continuing efforts of providing dental care to children in need.
We are currently looking to hire a Shipping Clerk located in our Farmington Hills, MI office.
• Proficient in MS Office computer software (excel)
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards (OHSA).
• Records maintenance skills.
• Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
• Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
• Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects in excess of 65lbs
• Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
• Must have up to date or be willing to get Hepatitis B and Tuberculosis (TB) vaccines
• Knowledge of electrical equipment operation and/or maintenance is a plus
• Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
• Checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
• Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
• Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
• May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
• May operate company vehicle to deliver shipments; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Evenings, weekends and summers off!
• Work hours 9:00am to 5:00pm
• Excellent benefit packages
Smile America Partners is the nation's leading in-school dental program founded almost two decades ago by two moms, who happen to also be dentists. The founders saw a tremendous need among underserved school aged children who did not have easy access to dental care and who often suffered from poor oral hygiene, tooth decay, pain and associated medical problems. Knowing that many parents could not take their children to the dentist due to issues including time off from work and transportation challenges, they sought to bring the care to the need. Today, through its dental partners, Smile America Partners provides preventive and restorative care to approximately 500,000 children per year.
Tooth decay is the most common, and preventable disease among children, more common than asthma. In fact, each year, over 51 million school hours are lost due to oral health related issues.
Smile America Partners affiliates with state licensed dentists, hygienists and assistants who use state-of-the-art portable equipment to provide all services onsite, directly in the school or in a self-contained mobile dental facility on site at the school. If portable equipment is used, classrooms, auditoriums or other school venues are literally transformed into fully functional dental offices for the day. Our expertise, obtained through years of experience bringing mobile dental care to schools, as well as through our highly qualified staff, enables us to bring exceptional care with minimal disruption to the normal school routine.
Smile America Partners is currently active in 20 states and has ongoing strategic partnerships with over 8,000 school districts, including 21 of the 25 largest school districts in the country.
Given the ongoing lack of access for many underserved children across the country, our services are in great demand and we are always looking for caring, compassionate professionals to join our team and play their part in making a difference in the lives of today's underserved children.
Rewarding Work. Competitive Compensation. Smile America Partners.
Smile America Partners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.