Sr. Help Desk Support
This Sr. Help Desk Support position is responsible for triaging, troubleshooting and resolving desktop computer, server, and peripheral issues; ensuring proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Requires an above average ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
This individual will assist staff and field personnel with technical issues. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, technical strategy, and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
This individual may participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide all aspects of desktop hardware/software support including moves, adds, changes, reimaging, hardware replacements.
• Provide technical support to internal customers on standard operation of Microsoft technology stack (RDP, Office, Exchange connectivity, Active Directory)
• Determine most effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime
• Participate in the configuration and support of internal client systems such as:
• Diagnose and repair laptops and PCs, software, printers and peripherals
• Perform Active Directory user and computer management tasks (add/moves/disable)
• High-volume networked printer, copier, and scanners
• Secondary support for our mobile workforce which uses laptops, scanners, and printers
• VOIP PBX Support – Add/Moves/Changes
• Install new / rebuild existing workstations, or servers, and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with defined or expressed standards and project/operational requirements.
• Perform daily assigned system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
• Perform daily backup monitoring, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes/disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary and where applicable.
• Provide Tier I/II/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
• Server support / maintenance. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, upgrade administrative tools \ utilities, and configure / add new services as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports company network infrastructure applications per project or operational needs.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Being 'on call' on during nights/weekends for off-hours support
KEY INTERACTIONS / TRAITS:
• Closely working with all internal users
• Has a friendly, team-player personality and is equally comfortable interacting with IT staff and end users at all levels (assistants, office staff, senior professionals, executives)
• The selected candidate should be self-motivated and comfortable working in a very fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Is comfortable, flexible, versatile, and curious when it comes to pitching in on diverse tasks and projects
• Is courteous, intelligent, well written and spoken, and possess a high degree of common sense
• Has a desire to provide excellent customer service
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Associates (2-year) degree, with a technical focus, such as networking or computer science or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
• Task oriented and self-motivated
• Ability to listen and take direction
• 4+ years desktop experience working in a customer service environment
• 4+ years’ of “hands on” experience in troubleshooting issues on PCs, printers, system administration and operating systems, and troubleshooting networking issues
• Intermediate to expert knowledge of computer hardware, and strong windows desktop operating system skills is essential to this role
• Working experience with user account management in a Windows 2008/2012 Active Directory environment and supporting users in a Microsoft RDS environment is a must
• Must have experience monitoring and responding to assigned incidents and updating with status.
• Microsoft Systems Administration Certification (MCSA) or equivalent work experience preferred
• CompTIA A+ Certification preferred
• Microsoft MCP, Windows 7 preferred
• The work environment is fast-paced.
• Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends
• No regular travel required.
• Some Heavy lifting may be required – computer equipment, PC’s, Servers, Disks
• The physical demands of work are confined to interaction with computers and people
COMPANY BENEFITS OFFERED:
• Paid Time Off
• Certification Exam Reimbursement
• Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
Smile America Partners is the nation's leading in-school dental program founded almost two decades ago by two moms, who happen to also be dentists. The founders saw a tremendous need among underserved school aged children who did not have easy access to dental care and who often suffered from poor oral hygiene, tooth decay, pain and associated medical problems. Knowing that many parents could not take their children to the dentist due to issues including time off from work and transportation challenges, they sought to bring the care to the need. Today, through its dental partners, Smile America Partners provides preventive and restorative care to approximately 500,000 children per year.
Tooth decay is the most common, and preventable disease among children, more common than asthma. In fact, each year, over 51 million school hours are lost due to oral health related issues.
Smile America Partners affiliates with state licensed dentists, hygienists and assistants who use state-of-the-art portable equipment to provide all services onsite, directly in the school or in a self-contained mobile dental facility on site at the school. If portable equipment is used, classrooms, auditoriums or other school venues are literally transformed into fully functional dental offices for the day. Our expertise, obtained through years of experience bringing mobile dental care to schools, as well as through our highly qualified staff, enables us to bring exceptional care with minimal disruption to the normal school routine.
Smile America Partners is currently active in 20 states and has ongoing strategic partnerships with over 8,000 school districts, including 21 of the 25 largest school districts in the country.
Given the ongoing lack of access for many underserved children across the country, our services are in great demand and we are always looking for caring, compassionate professionals to join our team and play their part in making a difference in the lives of today's underserved children.
Rewarding Work. Competitive Compensation. Smile America Partners.
Smile America Partners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.