NO EVENINGS OR WEEKENDS! SUMMERS OFF!
The nation’s largest in-school dental program is looking for a Dental Assistant to provide dental services to children who may not otherwise receive dental care within Detroit, MI. For almost 20 years, Smile Programs has been changing lives, one small smile at a time. We need your help to reach many more children in need.
Dental Assistant (DA) Qualifications:
• Dental Assistant Must hold active CPR certification card
• Must have 1+ years of experience as a Dental Assistant (DA)
• Must have 1+ years Digital X-ray Imaging experience
• Valid driver license, reliable transportation and a willingness to travel locally is a must
• Works well with others (both children and adults)
• Ability to work well in fast-paced environment; organized and detail-oriented; able to multi-task
• Must be able to carry up to 55 lbs.
• Able to walk several flights of stairs on occasion as many schools are without elevators
Dental Assistant (DA) Responsibilities:
• Dental Assisting Services during mobile dental clinics
• Digital X-ray Imaging
• Patient Records Charting
• Equipment Set-up, Breakdown, and Sterilization Assistance
• Travel Daily to and from school sites
Smile Programs In-School Dental Program Offers:
• Evenings, weekends and summers off!
• Working a school day schedule (about 6 – 7 hours); on average between 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
• Unique work experience and flexible scheduling
• Excellent benefit packages (varies by location and position)
• Full and part time positions
• Competitive compensation
• State-of-the-art portable dental equipment
• Latest technology & digital radiography
Smile Programs is the nation’s leading in-school dental program founded almost two decades ago by two moms, who happen to also be dentists. The founders saw a tremendous need among underserved school aged children who did not have easy access to dental care and who often suffered from poor oral hygiene, tooth decay, pain and associated medical problems. Knowing that many parents could not take their children to the dentist due to issues including time off from work and transportation challenges, they sought to bring the care to the need. Today, through its dental partners, Smile Program provides preventive and restorative care to approximately 500,000 children per year.
Tooth decay is the most common, and preventable disease among children, more common than asthma. In fact, each year, over 51 million school hours are lost due to oral health related issues.
Smile Programs affiliates with state licensed dentists, hygienists and assistants who use state-of-the-art portable equipment to provide all services onsite, directly in the school or in a self-contained mobile dental facility on site at the school. If portable equipment is used, classrooms, auditoriums or other school venues are literally transformed into fully functional dental offices for the day. Our expertise, obtained through years of experience bringing mobile dental care to schools, as well as through our highly qualified staff, enables us to bring exceptional care with minimal disruption to the normal school routine.
Smile Programs is currently active in 20 states and has ongoing strategic partnerships with over 8,000 school districts, including 21 of the 25 largest school districts in the country.
Given the ongoing lack of access for many underserved children across the country, our services are in great demand and we are always looking for caring, compassionate professionals to join our team and play their part in making a difference in the lives of today’s underserved children.
Rewarding Work. Competitive Compensation. Smile Programs.
Smile Programs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.